How to decode SEI of h264 stream

Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) NX
• DeepStream Version 6.11
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) 5.02
• TensorRT Version 8.4

My source is a 800x512 rtsp h264 stream. I plan to send the h264 with ffmpeg and attached with SEI info. It is a win7 desktop connected via micro-usb.
I will write timestamp or sequence number on SEI, my aim is get the SEI info, and later send the inference result together with SEI back to the win7 computer.
I am not sure on which plugin to realize it, please help.

Not fully understand the issue, is this topic related to DeepStream? If yes, please share the pipeline, thanks to clarify.

RTSPprotocol supports timestamp and sequence number with RTP( RFC 3550: RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications (rfc-editor.org)). You don’t need to send timestamp and sequence number by SEI, it is weird.

GStreamer support standard RTSP already. RTP and RTSP support (gstreamer.freedesktop.org)

And there are also GStreamer samples for RTSP. gst-rtsp-server/examples at master · GStreamer/gst-rtsp-server (github.com)

You can receive (as client) and send (as server) RTSP stream directly in Jetson board if you connect a network cable to your Jetson board. /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/sources/apps/apps-common/src/deepstream_sink_bin.c, /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/sources/apps/apps-common/src/deepstream_source_bin.c

There is no SEI reading/writing function in DeepStream plugins. But the GStreamer plugin can do the job. rtph264pay (gstreamer.freedesktop.org)

Thank you very much! I am going to study it.

I’m closing this topic due to there is no update from you for a period, assuming this issue was resolved.
If still need the support, please open a new topic. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.