Is there a mesh cutting function?

I’ve seen blaster with a similar function, but I can’t find the mesh cutting function.

Or can I find an example of manipulation like mesh splitting?

Thanks for reading.

Hi - Sorry for the delay in the response. Let us know if you still having this issue with the latest Isaac Sim 2022.2.1 release.

Hi @rthaker , is it possible to provide a solution?

for example, i want to split a simple prim at a cirtain height.

and instantiate the bottom part

Thank you

@danielle.sisserman i haven’t come across a tool native to OV that offer this sort of mesh operation. the closest we have could be the section tool (you may need to install and enable via extension manager, then find it under the ‘Tools’ menu):

but my experience with it is strictly for visualization purposes since it does not generate additional meshes. furthermore, its position tends to be linked to the world and not per mesh:

https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/extensions/latest/ext_section-tool.html

my unofficial suggestion would be to bring in a mesh that’s already split up from other DCC into OV and work from there.

as far as I know the Section tool only handles displaying of the mesh, but doesn’t cut it or remove it from memory.
Unfortunately there’s currently no tool for mesh manipulation within Omniverse - The recommended route is working on the mesh through some other mesh manipulation software and connect it to Omniverse or have the split mesh imported again.