Is there any way to run unsloth desktop on DGX Spark?

I can get Unsloth studio to run on the DGX (it’s great), but I don’t see Unsloth Desktop for ARM Linux on their site. Are they just not ready with that?

If you go to this page https://unsloth.ai/download/linux you can either use the package for arm or i used the terminal command on my spark. It works great.

The package for ARM is a Mac file (.app). If the terminal command is used, Unsloth Studio is installed, not Unsloth Desktop, which does a lot more.

@ken129 have you actually run the file from https://github.com/unslothai/unsloth/releases/download/v0.1.804-beta/Unsloth-Desktop-ARM64.app.tar.gz. Unsloth Desktop is Unsloth Studio frontend with Tauri desktop wrapper. Just run it! I use my Sparks in headless mode and can’t test it. Please let us know if it works.

The ARM desktop file un-compresses to a folder that contains Mac files, so it is useless on Ubuntu. However, now I see that Studio (through a browser) does have the same functions as Desktop! I did not see that the left sidebar of the browser page that is connected to unsloth studio now has Train! I was expecting the same look as the desktop version on my mac, and it’s only slightly different. Unsloth studio on the Spark is great.

Also, since unsloth studio is accessed via a browser, it can be run from different computers on the LAN (or even remotely if you configure access or use a VPN). I haven’t seen a way where Desktop will let you access it from another browser. Desktop will be useful for computers that are marketed as AI computers with very little setup required.

Two things that might be useful regardless of whether an official build is on the
cards. First, a documentation note that the “ARM64” download is macOS-only would
save people the download-and-unpack cycle. Second, one runtime gotcha that isn’t
Unsloth’s bug but hits every NVIDIA user: the window opens completely blank grey
until WEBKIT_DISABLE_DMABUF_RENDERER=1 is set, because WebKitGTK’s DMA-BUF
renderer doesn’t work with the proprietary driver. It presents exactly like a
broken build. Seen with WebKitGTK 2.52.6 and driver 580.173.02.

Build script and full write-up, in case it’s useful or you’d like someone to test
an ARM runner setup: GitHub - jlacroix82/unsloth-desktop-aarch64: Build Unsloth Desktop as a native aarch64 .deb for NVIDIA DGX Spark / ARM64 Linux · GitHub