is there need a streamsynchronize() between kernels and CULA function when use cuda stream?

Hi,everyone,
I have got a problem when use cuda stream with CULA function,the following is the whole pseudocode:

for (int i = 0; i < nstreams; i++)
	{
		checkCudaErrors(cudaMemcpyAsync(dev_X + i*m*n, h_X + i*m*n, m*n * sizeof(float), cudaMemcpyHostToDevice, streams[i]));
		dim3 sumGrid(4, m);
		dim3 sumBlock(1024, 1);
		int sharedSize = sumBlock.x * sizeof(float);
		sumReduction_kernel << <sumGrid, sumBlock, sharedSize, streams[i] >> > (dev_Xmean + i*m, dev_X + i*m*n, m, n);
	}
	{
		sub1_kernel << <sumGrid, sumBlock, 0, streams[i] >> > (dev_XFinal + i*m*n, dev_X + i*m*n, dev_Xmean + i*m, m, n);
	}
[b]for (int i = 0; i < nstreams; i++)
	{
                 checkCudaErrors(cudaMemcpyAsync(h_Xfinal + i*m*n, dev_XFinal + i*m*n, sizeof(float) * m * n, cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost, streams[i]));
        }[/b]
	{
		status = culaDeviceSgemm();
		checkStatus(status);

[b]status = culaDeviceSgetrf();
		checkStatus(status);
[/b]
		status = culaDeviceSgetri();
		checkStatus(status);

printf("%s\n", "CULA inverse had done!");
		status = culaDeviceSgemm();
		checkStatus(status);
          }

In this pseudocode, if there is no memcpy of h_Xfinal(which has bold ), there will be a following error when execute culaDeviceSgetrf():

“CULA Dense : Data error at pos 1 (see the reference Manual for guidance)”

And if I allocate h_Xfinal with pinned memory, there will be the same error.

I mean what can I use to instead the memcpy of D2H, (there it’s useless and time consumed).

Thank you~

OK,when I try to use cudaStreamSynchronize(), instead of cudaMemcpyAsync(), it did get the same result. At the same time, it reduce the time of data transfer between device and host.

So I just think there is a synchronize() will be ok.

I don’t know if this is definitely right, so, just that

thanks you for pay attention to this…