JetPack 4.5 Production Release with L4T 32.5

We are pleased to announce JetPack 4.5, a production release supporting Jetson AGX Xavier series, Jetson Xavier NX, Jetson TX2 series, Jetson TX1, and Jetson Nano.

JetPack 4.5 includes VPI 1.0, Security features including enhanced secure boot and support for full disk encryption, enhanced bootloader functionality, and a new way of flashing Jetson devices using NFS.

We will be hosting a webinar on Feb 9th for an in-depth overview of JetPack 4.5 features where we will also demo select features and answer any questions you may have. Please register here.

Learn how to implement computer vision and image processing pipelines using VPI by registering to the webinar we will be hosting on Feb 11th

Highlights of JetPack 4.5 are:

• First Production release of Vision Programming Interface (VPI).
  • Support for Docker 19.03.
  • Support for installing JetPack components on Linux host computer using Debian package management tool.
  • Support for loading kernel, device tree and initrd from the root file system on USB drive or NVMe. Refer to release notes for more details.
  • UBoot version updated to v2020.04.
  • Boot firmware for all Jetson Nano developer kits updated to relocate boot firmware to integrated QSPI-NOR. Developer kits will use microSD Cardsolely or OS/app storage after this change
  • All Jetson Nano Developer Kits will now show a warning screen if no microSD Card is inserted. It will attempt to boot from other supported media after showing this warning screen.

Visit JetPack 4.5 and L4T 32.5 page for more details.

JetPack 4.5 components:

• L4T R32.5
  • CUDA 10.2
  • cuDNN 8.0
  • TensorRT 7.1.3
  • VisionWorks 1.6
  • OpenCV 4.1.1
  • Vulkan 1.2
  • VPI 1.0 (First Production Release)
  • Nsight Systems 2020.4
  • Nsight Graphics 2020.5
  • Nsight Compute 2019.3

Install JetPack 4.5 using SDK Manager or SD card image (for Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit and Jetson Nano Developer Kit ) or upgrade via Debian package management tool (refer instructions from here)

Notes: (We will update this announcement accordingly when we take care of below notes)

3 Likes

Hi,

Does this apply to all existing Jetson Nano Developer Kits once Jetpack 4.5 has been installed using the SDK Manager or is this applied in the factory and only available in newly purchased Jetson Nano Developer Kits.

• Boot firmware for all Jetson Nano developer kits updated to relocate boot firmware to integrated QSPI-NOR. Developer kits will use microSD Cardsolely or OS/app storage after this change
  • All Jetson Nano Developer Kits will now show a warning screen if no microSD Card is inserted. It will attempt to boot from other supported media after showing this warning screen.

Regards

@benky58un it applies to all Jetson Nano Developer Kits once Jetpack 4.5 is installed

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the upgrade.

Is MCP2515 CanBus Driver available in Jetpack 4.5? I couldn’t see that in the release notes.

Regards,

Is the installation of Jetpack 4.5 supported on an external USB without SD Card on Jetson Nano?

Any information regarding the version of gstreamer and SRT-support?

Hi,

The gstreamer version is not changed. It is 1.14.5.

I’m running JetPack 4.5 right now, but seems Tensorflow is lagging behind, Index of /compute/redist/jp/v45 returns 404.

You should be able to run the jp/v44 version, as the CUDA components haven’t changed. Here is the URL:

https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/jp/v44/tensorflow/

Yes. Please install JetPack 4.5 using micro SDCard image or SDKM just once. This will update the QSPI and from now on you can just install only on USB drive (and not use SD card if you wish). Please follow steps below to flash USB drive:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-325/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/flashing.html#wwpID0E02L0HA

1 Like

@tuna.akyol i assume you are reffering to SPI driver for the external controller. We see that the MCP251X is enabled in the kernel and was so in previous release as well.

Thank you for the update!
I tried JP4.5 on Nano 2gb + Raspi HQ Camera IMX477 and the camera is not working.

Hi @suhash,

My mcp2515 is china version and the oscillator clock frequency is 8MHz. Do I need to rebuild the kernel_tegra_mcp251x.dtb to use my mcp2515?

Regards,

January 9 , 2021 was SD flash with jetson-nano-4gb-jp441-sd-card-image containing
32.4 and 4.4.1 and apt updates performed regularly.

I am trying to upgrade L4T as required
before UPGRADE JetPack 4.5 but apt update saying
“All packages up to date”

Where is L4T package version shown and applied for upgrade ?

UPDATE [solved]:
FOUND 32.4 in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list

apt -a show nvidia-jetpack is 4.4.1

uname -a
Linux hostname 4.9.140-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 27 21:02:37 PDT 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

@Play_Dragon , did you change the repo to 32.5 as mentioned in the L4T doc (https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/updating_jetson_and_host.html#wwpID0E0PB0HA) pointed from step 2 in How to Install JetPack :: NVIDIA JetPack Documentation.

You need to change the apt source in etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list to have following line there for nano:

deb https://repo.download.nvidia.com/jetson/common 32.5 main

deb https://repo.download.nvidia.com/jetson/t210 32.5 main

Once you have chnaged that and pointed to 32.5, you can now do below commands as mentioned in that doc:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade

2 Likes

It was hard to find the correct commands in the docs but finally did at
Updating the Jetson Device
(Like you said in long link);-)

Thanks for the update!

After pulling the source code (with tag “tegra-l4t-r32.5”) in process of preparation for U-Boot bootloader rebuild, I noticed that there is no “p3450-porg_defconfig” as well as board/nvidia/p3450-porg/ directory which was present in R32.4.4 source.

Am I missing something?

Is IMX477 support built into JP 4.5’s kernel?

3 Likes

I would be helpful if there was a more clear instruction how to move from SD card to a USB Drive. I have tried the steps in the instruction, but it became unclear at the point where the target device had to be put in recovery mode. The instructions which follow that step are supposed to be carried out at the host system, right? I think there’s also a error in the instructions where the raw image is being copied to the USB Drive:
sudo rsync -axHAWX --numeric-ids --info=progress2 --exclude=/proc ./tmp_system /mnt

I think it missed a ‘/’ behind ‘tmp_system’ otherwise the roots will be in folder /tmp_system on the USB device?!

1 Like