Jetson Xavier Nx Not Booting

I update it and then reboot it. It will appear Nvidia logo and the freeze in booting logging. Not show any logging just show this blinking “_” . How to solve this? I am using SSD. Perversely it worked perfectly and after an update it today it happened.

I press ALT+CTRL+DELETE then restart but freeze in booting logging.

Keyboard and Mouse power up. The cooling fan also working.

NOTE: nvidia-l4t-bootloader updated and requested to reboot. After that is happend.

1 Like

same here.
I was thinking thats somekinds booting problem.

Until I rebuild a new L4T…

I think nvidia-l4t-bootloader is updating like this.

Same EXACT issue here. Update came out today (same day as you) and i can’t boot anymore :(

Your Fan is working or not?

My sudo jetson_clocks command doesn’t work but when i enter this command sudo sh -c 'echo 255 > /sys/devices/pwm-fan/target_pwm' it does work.

Did this problem solved ?

No, how did you solve it?

I still did not solve it.

I remove SD card and boot. Again power off and insert SD card and boot then can get desktop but again ask to reboot. When reboot it get same issue.

Yeah i followed the same procedure you described and had the same results. We may just need to wait for another update to be pushed to fix this.

@dusty_nv @prlawrence @kayccc @JerryChang @WayneWWW @AastaLLL @Trumany @TWarren @vidyas @Fiona.Chen Please consider this issue.

Hi,

I update it and then reboot it.

Do you mean you run the OTA method? We do find this problem.

Please check the serial console log and see if your system is stuck in bash console.

My AGX had the same problem. I was able to boot with the host computer and USB cable connected. You don’t need a USB cable when it starts up. Please try it.
The latest cudnn and other updates seem to be the cause of this problem.

Was having the same issue after the update too, terminal was stuck at bash (via the serial console) and the display was empty. The Xavier NX finally boots up after a few tries. (Most likely booted up after pressing CRTL-ALT-DEL.)

Update: The same issue persists even after reboot.

3 Likes

I update using WIFI. It shows you have a new update then it is updated using WIFI.

How to see “serial console log”?

https://elinux.org/Jetson/General_debug

If you tried to upgrade the system from rel-32.4.2 to rel-32.4.3 by running the apt-get with nvidia official deb package, then you need to check this comment.

However, if you are using sdkmanager to directly flash your board with new rel-32.4.3, then you are not hitting the problem I am talking about.

This bug symptom will show below log in the end of your serial console log.

bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell
bash-4.3#

In this case, if you are using sdcard image, please mount your sdcard on host and add the root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 back to /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf.

APPEND ${cbootargs} quiet root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyTCU0,115200n8 console=tty0 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 rootfstype=ext4

How to see it by myself?

Another method that is applicable to all kinds of platform.

1.Mount the APP partition
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt
2. Add the boot args
For T210 (Jetson Nano/ TX1)
sed -i "s|^\([ \t]*APPEND \${cbootargs}\) .*|\1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 sdhci_tegra.en_boot_part_access=1|" /mnt/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf

For T186 serise (TX2/TX2i/TX2-4GB)
sed -i "s|^\([ \t]*APPEND \${cbootargs}\) .*|\1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 isolcpus=1-2|" /mnt/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf

For T194 series (NX/AGX Xavier)
sed -i "s|^\([ \t]*APPEND \${cbootargs}\) .*|\1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyTCU0,115200n8 console=tty0 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0|" /mnt/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf

3. Unmount APP partition and reboot
umount /mnt
reboot
3 Likes

please read the general_debug page I posted in previous comment…

1 Like

This is solution for a booting problem. Try CTRL+ALT+DELETE in several times and then it is going to the desktop. Then use above codes in Terminal.

But there is another issue after this.

sudo jetson_clocks not working. It does not show any error but fan not working in 100% speed. It shows jetson clock is working and CPU use 1.4GHz also but fan not working.

1 Like