Libargus + Rivermax + CUDA

Hi,
I have been looking into dockerizing my application that uses the following features on a Jetson Xavier:
LibArgus for image capture
CUDA
Rivermax

I have seen examples of how to run CUDA in a docker container, but was wondering if there are any more resources / examples of how to run LibArgus and the Rivermax card in a docker container.

Thanks!

Hi @janderson, on JetPack 5 the libargus libraries are automatically mounted into the containers from the device when --runtime nvidia is used, and in l4t-jetpack container the Multimedia API and Argus developer headers/samples can be found under /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api inside the container:

sudo docker run --runtime nvidia -it --rm --network host \
  --volume /tmp/argus_socket:/tmp/argus_socket \
  nvcr.io/nvidia/l4t-jetpack:r35.4.1 \
  /bin/bash -c 'find /usr -name "*argus*"'

Note that to use Argus inside container, you should include --volume /tmp/argus_socket:/tmp/argus_socket and --runtime nvidia in your docker run command when you start the container.

I’m not personally familiar with Rivermax or running that in a container, hopefully others will be able to share their experience if any special steps are needed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.