Release highlights since 450.80.02:
- Fixed the X driver’s composition pipeline (used, e.g., for X desktop rotation, “ForceCompositionPipeline”, and some OpenGL Swap Group configurations) to correctly preserve color precision in depth 30.
- Fixed a bug that could cause X clients to crash when closing display connections to the X server.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the X server to configure DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport displays in an inconsistent order.
- Improved the memory allocation strategy in nvidia-modeset.ko to reduce the likelihood of out-of-memory errors, which typically manifest as “page allocation failure” messages in the kernel log.
- Fixed a performance regression in the NVIDIA X driver which affected some X11 RENDER extension use cases.
- Added AMD Secure Memory Encryption compatibility.
- Fixed a bug where glGetGraphicsResetStatusARB would incorrectly return GL_PURGED_CONTEXT_RESET_NV immediately after application start-up if the system had previously been suspended.
- Fixed a regression that allowed displays to enter DPMS mode even when DPMS is disabled in the X server settings.