Mersenne Twister unspecified launch failure CUDA_SAFE_CALL( cudaMemcpyToSymbol(ds_MT, MT, sizeof(h_M

I have a program using the Mersenne Twister example from the CUDA SDK. I am using CUDA v3.1. I am able to compile and run the program on my Levono T61p laptop with a FX570 without any problem. I am also able to compile the same program on a Dell Precision T7400 with a GTX 480. However, when I tried to run the program on the GTX 480, it always fails at this line:

[codebox]CUDA_SAFE_CALL( cudaMemcpyToSymbol(ds_MT, MT, sizeof(h_MT)) );[/codebox]

It reports “unspecified launch failure”. Before I got GTX 480, I had a GTX 280 installed in this machine. The same program was able to be launched on GTX 280, but not on GTX 480. Also I just recently update the CUDA version to 3.1. In addition, I am able to run the Mersenne Twister example provide in the CUDA SDK on GTX 480 without a problem. I used the same code from the example, but I cannot run my program using Mersenne Twister code.

What could be the reason? Could it be new settings requirement?

As I only have one GPU on my computers, I am not able to debug it. This could be fixed with EmuDebug mode in the past but the mode is not supported any more. I have no debugging tool other than the cuPrintf with which I had to recompile the program every time I made a slight change. I am using Windows XP 32bit on both computers.

Thank you,

Never mind, I found out it is not the problem of MT. Something else (radixsort) needs to be updated for Version 3.1.

Never mind, I found out it is not the problem of MT. Something else (radixsort) needs to be updated for Version 3.1.

Wait, what is the solution? I have this same problem. I need to generate random numbers over and over very quickly and I receive this error after about 45 calls to MT. As far as I can tell, I am not using radixsort.

Wait, what is the solution? I have this same problem. I need to generate random numbers over and over very quickly and I receive this error after about 45 calls to MT. As far as I can tell, I am not using radixsort.