Monitors literally stutter when VRR/G-SYNC is enabled

When I enable VRR on dual monitor setup, my monitors literally stutter. I can see on the monitor OSD refresh rate is unstable even on desktop with no game or full screen application running. I noticed it happens when GPU clock changes.
The only way to fix the issue is to disable VRR on both monitors or use only one monitor.

In addition, on Linux, VRR doesn’t work with more than one monitor even if Wayland compositor reports it’s supported and enabled, so videos or games that doesn’t fully load the GPU are very stuttery unless I disable VRR.

Monitor 1: 2560x1440 144 Hz
Monitor 2: 1920x1080 75 Hz
GPU: RTX 2080 SUPER

The issue happens with 535, 530 and 525 series with Windows and Linux (open and proprietary) Nvidia driver.

Here is a gif to illustrate the issue (on Windows, no game running):
vrr_stutters

The big number on top left corner is the monitor 1 refresh rate: it drops very shortly to 49 Hz when GPU clock changes.

Unfortunately the 545 driver doesn’t fix that issue neither in Linux nor in Windows.

Any update? The issue makes my screen flickering and stuttering like crazy.
The windows/linux beta driver from 555 series still doesn’t fix the issue.

Try selecting "Automatic” adaptive sync rather than “Always”.

The issue happens regardless adaptive sync option I set. The only way to prevent the issue is to disable adaptive sync directly on the monitor or to use only 1 monitor.

• The problem also occurs with the Windows WDDM driver.
  • Only the 144 Hz one have the issuse

Additional info:

• 1st monitor: MSI MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144 Hz
  • 2nd monitor Iiyama G2250HS 1920x1080 75 Hz