Monochrome video output with IMX530

The sensor module is an FSM-IMX530, connected to a framos adapter, and then to our TX2.

After typing gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc, the same result came up, with the Camera mode being 4.

GST_ARGUS: 2656 x 2304 FR = 54,000002 fps Duration = 18518518 ; Analog Gain range min 1,000000, max 251,188705; Exposure Range min 14000, max 660000000;

Does FSM-IMX530 from Framos too?

Yes, FSM-IMX530 is the Framos Sensor Module IMX530.

Could you consult with Framos to get the tuning files.

Tuning files about what? The data package that we received regarding the framos components does not have anything regarding any changeable settings. The only things I have changed are regarding the adapter, and none of those affect the lens or the sensor itself.

Again, I am getting the correct colours using the samples from the Jetson MMAPI, but those are not ideal for what we are looking to do.

Hi,

Hello,

the nvgstcapture-1.0 tool is setting the 2656x2304 resolution by default. That resolution selects binning mode that is not supported on the color version of the sensor. Please use a different resolution. I would suggest using an Argus sample like argus_camera or nvarguscamerasrc GStreamer plugin for further evaluation.

Thank you for your patience in this regard. After attempting to run gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-mode=n ! nvoverlaysink -e, where n was selected to be one of the available sensor modes, only the one with the monochromatic camera result was the one working.

Also, I couldn’t find, or at least couldn’t get any of the Argus samples to work, aside from there not being any sample called just argus_camera in the argus directory of the Jetson MMAPI.

Hi,

argus_camera source is part of the Nvidia Jetson Multimedia API package that can be installed with

sudo apt update && sudo apt install nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api

After the package has been installed, the sources for argus samples should be located in /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/argus and instructions for building them in /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/argus/README.txt.

Regarding nvarguscamerasrc, try specifying the resolution and format alongside the sensor mode. For example, command for mode 0 (5328x4608@12bit) would be

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-mode=0 ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)5328, height=(int)4608, format=(string)NV12" ! nvoverlaysink -e

I already do have nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api. The only thing about Argus is the outdated README.txt, aside from the fact that it does not build correctly. It complains about missing JPEG_LIBRARY and JPEG_INCLUDE_DIR.

Attempting to run the command you mentioned prompts an error in the pipeline (file attached). Program was then killed with Ctrl + C.

error.txt (2.4 KB)

Hi,

It looks like argus sample build fails because libjpeg-dev dependency is missing. Required dependencies are listed in the README.txt in the chapter Requirements.
For reference, following commands were successfully used to install dependencies and build argus samples on a TX2

sudo apt install cmake build-essential pkg-config libx11-dev libgtk-3-dev libexpat1-dev libjpeg-dev libgstreamer1.0-dev
cp /usr/src/jetson-multimedia-api ~ && cd ~/jetson-multimedia-api/argus
mkdir build && cd build
cmake ..
make -j$(nproc)
sudo make install

The resulting binary is attached for reference. Note that the binary will only work on L4T 32.5.1.
argus_camera.tar.gz (524.2 KB)

To fix the gstreamer pipeline error, try specifying fps and scaling down the images before displaying them

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-mode=0 ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)5328, height=(int)4512, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)15/1" ! nvvidconv ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)2664, height=(int)2304" ! nvoverlaysink -e

If you are working with high resolutions and nvoverlaysink, you may encounter a known error vid_rend: syncpoint wait timeout and a red screen.
To fix this, open the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.t186_ref and add the following line to the Device section

Option      “TegraReserveDisplayBandwidth” “false”

Thank you. I personally don’t know why I hadn’t tried installing the missing dependencies first.

It now displays colour as well. Thank you very much.

I am a bit disappointed at the language barrier that developed between me and the Forum Moderator above.