My AGX cannot enter the system when the disk is full. What should I do?

My AGX cannot enter the system when the disk is full. What should I do?. What should I do? Boot up after the display, and then has been black screen. How do I get back into ubuntu?

Sometimes a full disk breaks even the simplest of tasks (such as login) since there wouldn’t be room for the temp files associated with it. The “brute force” method would be to clone the system, delete things from the host PC, and then flash again with the updated clone. It isn’t a bad idea to have a clone backup anyway, but it does take a lot of time and a lot of disk space on the PC.

Alternately, perhaps you have serial console access. The GUI consumes more disk space from temp files, whereas the serial console has almost not requirements. If you connect the supplied micro-B USB cable to the Jetson, and the full-sized type-A connector to your host PC, then you can use a serial console program (such as “gtkterm”, e.g., “sudo apt-get install gtkterm”) and maybe you will be able to have enough login resources to delete some extra files. If on your host you were to monitor “dmesg --follow”, and then connect the cable, you’ll see some serial port names showing up. Assuming the first one is “ttyUSB4” (I just made that up, might be something else on your system, but the “ttyUSB” will be the same), then this will open gtkterm to act as a console:

gtkterm -b 8 -t 1 -s 115200 -p /dev/ttyUSB4

(if this works it is quite fast and easy…if not, then your choices are limited)