Mysterious Nucleus Installation Problem (no localhost cloud under "Omniverse" after installation)

I’ve been trying to install the Omniverse Nucleus. I get no errors or anything, but nothing appears after the installation on the sidebar, and when I try to connect to localhost, I can’t. Here is a step-by-step image guide of me doing the process and the problem I run into.

I talked to a chat agent, and they sent me here. I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this for days; however, I am no tech genius and really am walking into this blind. I have a business that needs this, and will be purchasing omniverse enterprise if I can get the very basic nucleus to function properly.

(Open image in new tap and zoom in/wouldn’t let me post more than one image)

Highly appreciate whatever help you throw my way. Thank you all!

-James

1 Like

You and I were able to find a solution on Discord. I believe the culprit was OneDrive interfering with the install of the crucial contents and packages that lead to issues when installing/setting up Nucleus.

Here’s what we had to do to get it to work:

1. uninstall nucleus
  2. run cleanup tool
  3. uninstall OneDrive for Win10 since that’s the OS you are using
  4. reinstall nucleus

Hello, still same error. what should I do?

[image]

We’ve looked into the problem, and we currently cannot support install paths that contain UTF-8 characters.

We recommend installing Nucleus Workstation to a user account that has uses standard characters.

This is something we are looking to fix in the future.