Nsight system communication error

Hi, I’m using nsight systems on Windows to connect the remote linux server. Previously it worked well, but now it tells that there is a communication error like the following. My nsys version is 2023.3.1.92-233133147223v0 Windows-x64.

I cannot find the original file noted in this pic.
I also check the /etc/ssh/sshd_config mentioned in How to use Nvidia Nsight Systems remote session using SSH - #3 by Andrey_Trachenko and it works well.

I asked root user to clear /tmp, but it still does not work.

Hello @3040545459, thank you for reporting this issue.

It’s not clear what happens in this case. Could you please kindly help collect logs. Please note that the logs might contain sensitive information, such as paths and usernames from your computers, so only share logs if you are comfortable with that (same applies to sharing .nsys-rep files).

Here’s how to collect logs on Windows:

• Close Nsight Systems

• Open a non-administrative Command Prompt (Start → cmd), and make sure you are in a directory where you can create files. If not sure, run: cd %USERPROFILE%

• Run the following commands:

• set NVLOG_CONFIG_FILE=C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Systems 2023.3.1\host-windows-x64\nvlog.config.template

• "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Nsight Systems 2023.3.1\host-windows-x64\nsys-ui.exe"

• Reproduce the issue, then close Nsight Systems

• nsys-ui.log was created, please attach it here. After that, you can delete nsys-ui.log if you no longer need it.

And by the way, Nsight Systems 2023.4.1 has just been released, please visit https://developer.nvidia.com/nsight-systems/get-started is you want to get that.

Hi, I have updated Nsight Systems to the latest version 2023.4.1, but the problem still exists. And here is my nsys-ui.log. Please take a detail look into it. Thanks!
nsys-ui.log (57.7 KB)

Hi, @Andrey_Trachenko
Observing from the log, I find that the root cause is that there is no space in my /tmp. After I clear the disk space, it works. So, is there any way to set the upload file path of nsight remote connection rather than /tmp?