NV_command_list and "binding state"

Looking for a little clarification: I’ve got a basic implementation using just DrawCommandsNV from [url]https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL/extensions/NV/NV_command_list.txt[/url], and I’m noticing that it appears to pick up “binding state” of uniform binding points from the OpenGL context (i.e. outside of the submitted queue), despite the fact that the extension explicitly states that it never will. My questions are:

1. Am I correct in interpreting “binding state” as anything bound via glBindBuffer, glBindBufferBase, glBindBufferRange, glBindVertexBuffer, etc?

2. If so, is NVIDIA following some convention I should be aware of for detecting “binding state?” E.g., is it detected in use of DrawCommandsNV but not DrawCommandsStatesNV? It would be nice to not have to respecify “global uniform buffers” bound with glBindBufferBase for every command buffer I submit. (This is especially awkward when following the pattern of “build a uniform buffer while building the command buffer, then prepend the final uniform buffer to the command buffer.”)

I’m testing on a GTX 970 and Windows 10, fwiw.