The NVIDIA® CUDA Profiler Tools Interface (CUPTI) is a library that enables the creation of profiling and tracing tools that target CUDA applications. CUPTI provides a set of APIs targeted at ISVs creating profilers and other performance optimization tools:
- the Activity API,
- the Callback API,
- the Event API,
- the Metric API, and
- the Profiler API
Using these CUPTI APIs, independent software developers can create profiling tools which give insight into the CPU and GPU behavior of CUDA applications.
CUPTI for CUDA Toolkit 11.1 includes these improvements:
- CUPTI adds profiling support for the new NVIDIA Ampere GPUs with compute capability 8.6.
- Added a new field graphId in the activity records for kernel, memcpy, peer-to-peer memcpy and memset to output the unique ID of the CUDA graph that launches the activity through CUDA graph APIs. To accommodate this change, activity records CUpti_ActivityMemcpy3, CUpti_ActivityMemcpyPtoP2 and CUpti_ActivityMemset2 are deprecated and replaced by new activity records CUpti_ActivityMemcpy4, CUpti_ActivityMemcpyPtoP3 and CUpti_ActivityMemset3. And kernel activity record CUpti_ActivityKernel5 replaces the padding field with graphId. Added a new API cuptiGetGraphId to query the unique ID of the CUDA graph.
- Added a new API cuptiActivityFlushPeriod to set the flush period for the worker thread.
- Added support for profiling cooperative kernels using Profiling APIs.
- Added NVLink performance metrics (nvlrx__* and nvltx__*) using the Profiling APIs. These metrics are available on devices with compute capability 7.0, 7.5 and 8.0, and these can be collected at the context level. Refer to the table Metrics Mapping Table for mapping between earlier CUPTI metrics and the Perfworks NVLink metrics for devices with compute capability 7.0.
For more information on CUPTI for CUDA Toolkit 11.1 , including features, requirements, documentation and support, please visit the CUPTI Overview page .
To download this version, get it as part of the CUDA Toolkit 11.1.