Omni.kit.editor module not found

Thanks for the info. I am working with some code that was based on the navigation example here: https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_isaacsim/app_isaacsim/sample_navigation.html

A few things here seem to be deprecated. I am unable to find what I should replace the following with as it seems omni.kit.asyncapi no longer exists.

def _on_environment_setup(self):
    # wait for new stage before creating robot
    task = asyncio.ensure_future(omni.kit.asyncapi.new_stage())
    task1 = asyncio.ensure_future(self._create_robot(task))
    # set editor to play before setting up robot controller
    task2 = asyncio.ensure_future(self._play(task1))
    asyncio.ensure_future(self._on_setup_fn(task2))

Am I right in thinking that for set_camera_position and set_camera_target I should now use a viewport interface with omni.kit.viewport.get_viewport_interface()?

So I am using omni.kit.app now, as:
self._editor = omni.kit.app.get_app()
and I can check if it is running with:
self._editor.is_running() → this returns true, but I get errors like this:

2021-09-02 09:40:07 [43,882ms] [Warning] [omni.isaac.dynamic_control.plugin] DcFindArticulationDof: Function called while not simulating
2021-09-02 09:40:07 [43,882ms] [Error] [omni.isaac.dynamic_control.plugin] DcFindArticulationDof: Invalid or expired articulation handle

I saw in this thread Attempting to create custom Robot - #2 by toni.sm that with the old editor, there was a function called ‘play’, and if the simulation wasn’t playing, this error could be thrown. Does the ‘is_running’ function check the same thing as the previous ‘is_playing’ that used to be in omni.kit.editor?

Also I am running this in an extension.

Thanks