OpenCV on DRIVE AGX Xavier

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

I have read some posts here dealing with OpenCV on DRIVE.

I would like to ask the following questions:

1. If I want to rebuild OpenCV with some optimization options, do I have to crosscompile it on Host (my linux is 20.04) ? or can I do it on the DRIVE Xavier?

2. In the following post why is ENABLE_VFPV3 not included and why TBB is off? Can this be set ON?

3. In the following post it is suggested that we use the SW stack instead of openCV. Does this “SW stack” refers to DriveWorks? Does this have the same image processing capabilites of OpenCV? Does the SW stack comes optimized (use of NEON, etc)?

4. If the answer to the previous question is yes, where can I learn with tutorial these image processing tools?

H aliaga,

1. Unfortunately we don’t support Host PC 20.04 yet, so please use ubuntu 8.04 for HostPC.
    And in the link there are two way “Cross compiling OpenCV on host” & “native compiling OpenCV on AGX Drive”, you can use both of them.

2. Internally checking let us update.

3. For image processing topic, could you please NvMedia docs?

4. In the Training link, there are useful tutorials, for the topic, please refer to Developing a Camera Pipeline Using NVIDIA DriveWorks Thanks.

Thanks! That was a great reply. I will check the links and get back if I have some questions on it!

Any updates on item #2?

Hi @kansai
Still checking now will update it as soon as it is checked.