OpenEncodeSessionEx() fail with "invalid struct version" error

Hi there
I got stuck with a strange behavior, trying to initialize NVENC in ME-only mode. OpenEncodeSessionEx() always fail with #15 - "This indicates that an invalid struct version was used by the client."
Parameters struct is as follow:

NV_ENC_OPEN_ENCODE_SESSION_EX_PARAMS session_params = {
    .version = NV_ENC_OPEN_ENCODE_SESSION_EX_PARAMS_VER, 
    .deviceType = NV_ENC_DEVICE_TYPE_CUDA,
    .device = ctx,
    .reserved = 0,
    .apiVersion = NVENCAPI_VERSION,
    .reserved1 = 0,
    .reserved2 = NULL
  };
  int ret = encOpenEncodeSessionEx(&session_params, &encoder->enc);

I tried to invoke it from C and Golang environments, but whatever I do I get that error. Encoder from ENENC samples just crashed (segfault).
Does anyone know, what exact conditions cause the error #15?
I upgraded Cuda to 10.2 with 440.82 driver - no luck. Tried to downgrade to Cuda 10.0 - still the same. I use 1060ti GPU.
Anyone help me please))

Ok, I finally figure it out.

It was so stupid of me but the problem was in the static keyword (C-language). I wrote simple wrapper to call NVENC function, like this:

static NVENCSTATUS encOpenEncodeSessionEx(NV_ENC_OPEN_ENCODE_SESSION_EX_PARAMS *params, void **encoder) {
  return nvenc_api.nvEncOpenEncodeSessionEx(params, encoder);
}

Use it in this manner and you’re always get NV_ENC_ERR_INVALID_VERSION error. Just remove static keyword and the function works as expected.

I have no idea, if it is expected behavior or not, but it works.
Thanks to all.

Hi.
It looks odd that you see this problem and then removing ‘static’ keyword of a wrapper function fixed it for you. If you could provide a way to reproduce this issue, someone can hopefully look into it to know what exactly went wrong.

Thanks.