Performance Issues with nvhdmioverlaysink

Hi all,

I’m actually fighting with nvhdmioverlaysink… I get an image, but the update rate is around 1 fps:

The following example without nvhdmioverlayskink works well and the camera image is displayed with ~30fps:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080' ! xvimagesink

As soon as I try to switch to nvhdmioverlaysink like this…

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080' ! nvhdmioverlaysink

… I get a really low framerate of around 1 fps.
Additionally I get the following messages as debug output:

WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNvHDMIOverlaySink-nvhdmioverlaysink:nvhdmioverlaysink-nvhdmioverlaysink0: A lot of buffers are being dropped.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesink.c(2791): gst_base_sink_is_too_late (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNvHDMIOverlaySink-nvhdmioverlaysink:nvhdmioverlaysink-nvhdmioverlaysink0:
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.

Does someone can tell me the reason for that behaviour? What am I doing wrong?
How is it possible to display my live camera image in full screen on the hdmi device?

Thanks a lot
Cheers Marc

Hello,
You are using a USB camera?
I’ve tried in my side. It seems that the bottleneck should be in USB bandwidth. (with xvimagesink or nvhdmioverlaysink, FPS is quite low.)
Can you try the following pipeline and see whether it can reach 30fps.

gst-launch-1.0 --gst-debug-level=3 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 num-buffers=300 ! 'image/jpeg, width=1920, height=1080, format=(string)I420, framerate=(fraction)30/1' ! jpegdec ! nvhdmioverlaysink

br
ChenJian