Permissions problems configuring a NFS server and client between Ubuntu 18.04 x64 and Ubuntu 18.04 Arm64

like these ?

so what should I do ?

“like these ?”
exactly!
“so what should I do ?” - it depends
could you briefly restate what you are trying to achieve, please?
server x86_64? then client at nano?
can nano access the nfs path?
what are the main objectives/ obstacles?

I’m trying to install some software inside the groovy-x86_64 chroot folder. As I said,I can do this if the same chroot folder is saved on the nano sd card. but I have a little space on that sd card,so I want to move the folder to a different folder on a larger disk that I have on my desktop PC,where I’m running ubuntu 18.04 x64 bit. If it works,I will remove the groovy-x86_64 chroot folder from the sd card,to save space. And later,I will create more chroot oses using the same method.

but the software for nano
will differ with software for x86_64

from nano also without emulator it is not obvious that chrooting into x86_64 should work, also vice versa

so if chrooting into x86_64 from x86_64 computer is the main issue it is separate from jetson discourse

it seems not using NFS at this point also as it is a local folder to x86 PC

yeah. I’ve copied the qemu-x86_64-static file from the /usr/bin folder of the ubuntu arm64 nano on the folder /usr/bin of the groovy chroot folder.

What u suggest to me to use instead of NFS ? How can I make in communication the server disk with the nano sd card ? as I said some time ago,I can’t use external USB disks otherwise the board reset itself and I haven’t enough money to buy a 1 TB sd card for the nano :D. Probably there is some missing option on the NFS configuration on the server side ? Im sure that if instead of the desktop pc with ubuntu 18.04 there was another jetson nano,the NFS would work great. So,the problem is on the server side OR could be related to the fact that the ubuntu installed on the nano is using a docker image.

probably 5V 4A power source would resolve the reset issue

no man. I have already bought a 5V 4A power source. I’m using it now. the board is stable only if I don’t touch it. If I attach some USB devices is becomes a lot unstable.

for the moment I created this post :

if no one will be able to help me ,I will create a bug report.

why do not just run the whole thing on x86_64 Host PC? Why nano is in the circuit at all? Do you intend to run x86_64 apps from nano?

exactly. I want to run some x86_64 apps from nano. for example google chrome and teamviewer.

on the server :

root@loziomario-I9:/home/loziomario# lsof | grep config.dat

lsof: WARNING: can’t stat() fuse.gvfsd-fuse file system /run/user/1000/gvfs
Output information may be incomplete.

maybe this is relevant ?

fixed it,changing this :

sudo mount 192.168.1.6:/home/loziomario/Scrivania/Nano/qemu-chroot-I9 /root/Scrivania/Work/qemu-chroot-I9

with this :

sudo mount -t nfs -o nolock,local_lock=all 192.168.1.6:/home/loziomario/Scrivania/Nano/qemu-chroot-I9 /root/Scrivania/Work/qemu-chroot-I9

and the version of nfs that I’m using on the server is the 3.

I’ve got the solution here :

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/430570/mount-nfs-with-nolock-option-do-not-take-effect

1 Like

@marietto2008
thank you for sharing your success!