pgnvd-Error-PSDK is not set

Dear all,

we moved from version 17.10 of PGI Fortran compiler to version 18.10 in Visual Studio 2015 environment.
The following error appears in compiling phase of any kind of CUDA kernel:

pgnvd-Error-PSDK is not set

followed by:

error F0155 : Compiler failed to translate accelerator region (see -Minfo messages): Device compiler exited with error status code

Best regards
Oriano

Hi Oriano,

PGI 18.10 requires VS 2017’s SDK. Most likely you don’t have this installed and hence the error.

Please see the following link: Windows Co-install Requirements | PGI

Hope this helps,
Mat

Hello,

I am having the same error about pgnvd-Error-PSDK not being set, although I have VS 2017 and the relevant SDK installed as described on Windows Co-install Requirements | PGI

Is there anything else I am missing?

Regards,
Aristotelis

There’s a known issue where the PSDK variable doesn’t properly get set, depending on the version of visual studio. The good news is that this should be easy rectify.

Inside the PGI installation dir, within the bin/ directory (C:\Program Files\PGI\win64<version-number>\bin), there should be a file named localrc. Open the file in some text editor and you’ll notice an entry named PSDK17. Double-check that the value points to a valid path with the right trailing version number.

For example, this is what the path is on my system. You’ll want to make sure that the valid path and the quoted value in the PSDK17 variable are the same.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023