I’ve got a few Point Grey Chameleon3 USB3.0 Cameras (https://www.ptgrey.com/chameleon3-usb3-vision-cameras) that I’m trying to get working on the Jetson boards. I can’t seem to get the device to even open and start streaming data to the Jetson. I’ve tried the following scenarios.
What I did:
- I can find my camera using lsusb and lsusb -t
- I downloaded and installed Spinnaker SDK from the PointGrey website:
Version: Spinnaker 188.8.131.52 SDK - ARM64 - Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit) — 12/04/2018 - 43.654MB
- I tested this on my Laptop (with the Intel variant) and my cameras work
- I can see my video stream using Spin View
What I tried and failed:
- Jetson TX2 Developer Kit + Powered USB3.0 Hub + Point Grey Chameleon 3 + Spin View
- Jetson TX2 Orbitty + Powered USB3.0 Hub + Point Grey Chameleon 3 + Spin View
- (1) and (2) without Powered USB3.0 Hub, straight into the USB3.0 port on the devkit/orbitty
- Jetson Xavier Developer Kit + Powered USB3.0 Hub + Point Grey Chameleon 3 + Spin View
- (4) without the Hub
I tried to not use Spin View and try compile one of the FlyCapture2 examples directly (following the instructions mentioned here: http://www.ptgrey.com/KB/10357)
But when I run FlyCapture2Test I get a segmentation fault. I tried a few more examples and they all result in a segmentation fault.
FlyCapture2 library version: 184.108.40.206 Application build date: Feb 18 2019 20:18:04 Number of cameras detected: 1 *** CAMERA INFORMATION *** Serial number - 16369091 Camera model - Chameleon3 CM3-U3-31S4C Camera vendor - Point Grey Research Sensor - Sony IMX265 (1/1.8" Color CMOS) Resolution - 2048x1536 Firmware version - 220.127.116.11 Firmware build time - Fri Nov 20 00:50:04 2015 Segmentation fault (core dumped)