Power supply for Titan Xp

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I quoted that particular power supply was I had found an online video where the guy used it in the same Dell as I have, and while it was a very tight fit it did work (and cables were no problem). The version I actually ended up ordering is the G3 version of that supply, which is much smaller and therefore shouldn’t be an issue at all.

I will only have the one GPU so I suspect the power will be adequate. I’ll have it tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that all will be well (I really want to use this GPU).

Please let us know how it goes.

Sorry I took so long to get back here – life – but I wanted to report that the power supply was easy to install (even for this clumsy old man). The hardest part was just pushing all those huge cables around inside, but it didn’t take long.

And now the card works and I’m a happy camper – was so easy that I’m toying with the idea of building a PC (again – has been about 30 years since I last did that, but this modular power supply was so cool I’m thinking perhaps things are even easier than they were back in the day. However, I might come to my senses and just buy a new PC when the time arrives :>).

Hi,

This thread has not been active since long time.

I have an HP DPS 700AB-1 A power supply that provides 700 W and I am left only with two 6-pin connectors.
I have a single card which is a Titan Xp.

I am interested to know the experience of those who tried the dual 6-pin to 8-pin dongle.