I’ve had limited success over the past few days trying to get openalpr up and running on my Nano so I’m wondering if others have had success and if so, how you did it.
So far I’ve tried:
- Flashing JetPack 4.2 and updating
- Installing RasPi v2 camera
- Cloning https://gist.github.com/jkjung-avt/ and modifying openalpr_video.py to support /dev/video
- Run openalpr_video.py. It complains about cv2 not being installed. I tried installing python-opencv via apt which allowed the script to run but it just hung and didn’t produce any output
- I then tried to manually build opencv 4.0.0 using the Nano install script. I eventually got the build to work but then compiling openalpr to use it failed miserably due to API mismatches.
I’m currently trying to build/install opencv 3.4 manually to see if that helps but I’d love to hear if someone else has a documented procedure that works so I can run openalpr with GPU support on the Nano.
Thanks in advance!