problem of running PhysX3.4 in visual studio2017

I am new to PhysX, and I downloaded the PhysX3.4 and visual studio2017. I am using visual studio2017 to built the snippets.sln file in compiler folder. When I run it, I get the error shows:

Unable to start program ‘D:\physx\3.4\PhysX_3.4\Snippets\compiler\vc15win32./…/…/lib/vc15win32\SnippetUtilsDEBUG.lib’.

D:\physx\3.4\PhysX_3.4\Snippets\compiler\vc15win32./…/…/lib/vc15win32\SnippetUtilsDEBUG.lib is not a valid Win32 application.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Many thanks.

Hi,
you are trying to execute a library… pick one of the executable like SnippetHelloWorld.

I try to build the SnippetHelloWorld.
The output shows:
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘PhysX3CommonDEBUG_x86.lib’
3>Done building project “SnippetHelloWorld.vcxproj” – FAILED.

I checked all the folders and I didn’t find the PhysX3CommonDEBUG_x86.lib.

You need to build PhysX before you build the snippets. Please take a look at the readme.md file at the root of the PhysX distro.

Thank you! I’m sorry I didn’t see the document clearly. If anyone has the same problem, please read it first.

Hi, I’ve got the same issue with debugging Snippets, but I’ve built PhysX beforehand. Also, I have built and run Samples with PhysX Visual Debugger successfully.
My IDE is VS2015, as there are failures if compiling with VS2017 though.
Thanks for helping.

Encountered linking issue after compiling PhysX solution vc15win64 with VS2017 Version:15.8.7

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1104 cannot open file ‘G:\Projects\Nvidia\PhysX-3.4-master\PxShared\lib\vc15win64\PxPvdSDKDEBUG_x64.lib’ PhysX G:\Projects\Nvidia\PhysX-3.4-master\PhysX_3.4\Source\compiler\vc15win64\LINK 1

Issue fixed by set Treat Warnings As Erors as No on all projects of PhysX.sln

Hi,
are there any errors when you try to build the PxPvdSDK?