Realsense Firmware for isaac_ros_visual_slam and isaac_ros_nvblox

Hi!

I am planning to use isaac_ros_visual_slam in conjunction with isaac_ros_nvblox, and I’m using the Realsense D435 camera for this setup. However, I’ve encountered a bit of a dilemma regarding the firmware version compatibility between these two ROS packages and the Realsense camera.

The isaac_ros_visual_slam Troubleshooting Suggestions advise that the firmware of the RealSense camera should be 5.14.0 or newer. This seems straightforward, but there’s a conflicting recommendation for isaac_ros_nvblox.

For isaac_ros_nvblox, the documentation indicates it has been tested and found compatible with RealSense camera firmware version 5.13.0.50. More so, there’s a specific note in the nvblox examples stating, "The latest RealSense firmware (version 5.14 at the time of publishing) might have issues. Our recommendation is to install exactly version 5.13.0.50".

Given these conflicting recommendations, I’m unsure which firmware version to use for optimal performance and compatibility with both isaac_ros_visual_slam and isaac_ros_nvblox.
Could you provide guidance on which firmware version would be the best choice in this situation?

Thank you!

Hi @daniil.khaninaev

for isaac_ros_visual_slam and isaac_ros_nvblox we suggest to use version 5.13.0.50

best,
Raffaello