SDK imageDenoising project fails to compile?

I am trying to change the imageDenoising sample a bit and getting it to compile first, but I get the following error:

I am using CUDA 2.3, Windows7 x64, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Windows SDK 6.1

1>Compiling with CUDA Build Rule...

1>"C:\CUDA\bin64\nvcc.exe"	-arch sm_10 -ccbin "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin"	-Xcompiler "/EHsc /W3 /nologo /O2 /Zi   /MT  " -I"C:\CUDA\include" -I"../../common/inc" -maxrregcount=32  --compile -o "Release\imageDenoising.cu.obj" "c:\CUDA\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\src\imageDenoising\imageDenoising.cu" 

1>imageDenoising.cu

1>tmpxft_000011e8_00000000-3_imageDenoising.cudafe1.gpu

1>tmpxft_000011e8_00000000-8_imageDenoising.cudafe2.gpu

1>C:\CUDA\include\crt/device_runtime.h(55): warning: typedef name has already been declared (with same type)

1>C:\CUDA\include\crt/device_runtime.h(57): warning: typedef name has already been declared (with same type)

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\crtdefs.h:478: error: conflicting types for `size_t'

1>c:\cuda\include\cuda_texture_types.h:61: error: previous declaration of `size_t'

1>C:\CUDA\include\crt/device_runtime.h:55: error: redefinition of `__texture_type__'

1>C:\CUDA\include\crt/device_runtime.h:55: error: `__texture_type__' previously declared here

1>C:\CUDA\include\crt/device_runtime.h:57: error: redefinition of `__surface_type__'

1>C:\CUDA\include\crt/device_runtime.h:57: error: `__surface_type__' previously declared here

What is wrong, and more importantly, how do I solve it?

hmm, it seems any project I compile I get this error with, even with an empty .cu file. I only have the x86 version of the MSVC 2008 compiler installed, but the 64-bit driver, toolkit and SDK. Might that be the problem? Frustrating >.<

Yes it is… dammit. I don’t have enough HD space to install the win64 compiler. Guess no x64 for now, the 32-bit toolkit seems to work fine.