simple config: libtlshook.so SDK error, libtlshook.so not found

I’ve recently installed the CUDA toolkit and SDK on an AMD box running Scientific Linux 5, x86 (This is just RHEL5, recompiled from source by the friendly people at Fermilab).

As a regular user, I’ve unpacked the SDK in my home directory and now am trying to compile the example program. With,

[nmoore@buff NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK]$ echo $PATH
/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/cuda/bin:/home/nmoore/bin:/sbin

[nmoore@buff NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/cuda/lib:

I compile the example and see lots of errors:

[nmoore@buff NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK]$ make
make[1]: Entering directory /home/nmoore/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK/common' ar: creating ./../lib/libcutil.a a - obj/release/bank_checker.cpp_o a - obj/release/cmd_arg_reader.cpp_o a - obj/release/cutil.cpp_o a - obj/release/error_checker.cpp_o a - obj/release/stopwatch.cpp_o a - obj/release/stopwatch_linux.cpp_o a - obj/release/cutil_interop.cpp_o make[1]: Leaving directory /home/nmoore/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK/common’
make -C projects/scan/
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/nmoore/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK/projects/scan’
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libtlshook.so, needed by /usr/local/cuda/lib/libcudart.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

Strangely though, I see the library on my filesystem,

[nmoore@buff NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK]$ ls -1 /usr/local/cuda/lib/
cudarts.ptx
libcublasemu.so
libcublasemu.so.1
libcublasemu.so.1.0
libcublas.so
libcublas.so.1
libcublas.so.1.0
libcudart.so
libcudart.so.1
libcudart.so.1.0
libcuda.so
libcuda.so.1
libcuda.so.1.0
libcufftemu.so
libcufftemu.so.1
libcufftemu.so.1.0
libcufft.so
libcufft.so.1
libcufft.so.1.0
libtlshook.so
libtlshook.so.1
libtlshook.so.1.0

So, what should I be doing differently?

regards,

Nathan Moore

Problem solved.

In addition to not having glut installed, I also forgot to properly modify my .bash_profile login file. The particular line that was missing was “export LD_LIBRARY_PATH”.

Most of the examples now work (although BlackShoales and a few others have out of memory errors) .

Nathan