Smart Record in python

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson
• DeepStream Version 5
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) 4.4
• TensorRT Version 7
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) JetPack default

Hi,

Is there any sample similar to Smart Record in python? I would like to save video files only when certain conditions are met which can be done with Smart Record but it is not available in the python samples.

I understand this is similar to having dynamic file sink. I am not an expert in Gstreamer so I wonder if there is any example in python that provides that functionality.

Regards,
Alberto

Hi @Albertograbit,
Sorry for delay!
We do not support this currently and it will be added into our roadmap.

Thank you very much!

Hi. Still not support for smart record in deepstream sdk python version?

sorry, not yet.

Thanks!

Having read Deepstream 5.0 python bindings for Gst-nvdsanalytics access meta data - #5 by priyanshthakore, would it be possible to create bindings for smart record.

@manojy, would you be able to assist with sample or any pointers?

@jlerasmus

it would be based on the smartrecord header so gst-nvdssr.h as far as I am aware

the two repos below might help point you in the right direction, @manojy also provided really helpful insights for the analytics bindings

but here are the repos for them
GitHub - 7633/pyds_analytics_meta: Python bindings for NvDsAnalyticsObjInfo and NvDsAnalyticsFrameMeta in DeepStream Python API <— @rostislav.etc
GitHub - mrtj/pyds_tracker_meta: pybind11 wrapper to access Nvidia DeepStream tracker meta info from Python.

regards Andrew

Hi Sir/Madam:

Does smart record currently supported by Python now?
Is there any plan (abstract month that Python could support smart record)?

Best
Yichao

yes, pyds does not support smart recording yet, and no plan in the short term.
for now, you could refer to DeepStream SDK FAQ - #16 by bcao ti implement python binding by yourself.