Stop inference on deepstream python example

Hi,
I am using the following example and I don’t want to run inference, i just want frames and frame meta data from multiple sources. hence i removed nvinfer/pgie from the pipeline still i don’t see my fps increasing. what could be the reason?

in c after stopping pgie i got 60fps and in python with inference fps was 25 fps and without inference it is still 25 fps

What kind of sources are you using? Can you change “streammux.set_property(‘batched-push-timeout’, 4000000)” to “streammux.set_property(‘batched-push-timeout’, 40000)”?

I am using a video file 1080p. ill change the property and let you know @Fiona.Chen

I changed the property, still the fps is same. i am attaching the file for your reference.v2.py (16.2 KB)

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Hardware - Jetson Nano
Deepstream - 5.0.1
Jetpack - 4.3
Tensor RT -7+
reproduce the issue - Running imagedata python deepstream example with nvinfer in the pipeline gets 25 fps without pgie in the pipeline it is still 25 fps @Fiona.Chen

Please change “sink.set_property(‘sync’, 1)” to “sink.set_property(‘sync’, 0)” if you want to test performance.

what does this property do?

Sink will not check timestamp if “sync=0” or else the buffer is rendered according to timestamp, so the FPS will be limited by the timestamp.

okay, I’ll check and let you know

I saw no improvement

I’ve tried your script with my NX board, with ‘sync=1’, fps is 30, with ‘sync=0’, fps is 185. This property should work.

I will try once again and update the result.