TAO Deepstream-gesture-app: Device memory is insufficient to use tactic

• Hardware Platform: Jetson Xavier NX
• DeepStream Version: 6.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only): Jetpack 4.6
• TensorRT Version: 8.0.1.6
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs): Bugs
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)

I recently set up deepstream_tao_apps repository by following the instructions provided in GitHub - NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_tao_apps: Sample apps to demonstrate how to deploy models trained with TAO on DeepStream.

I am interested in running the deepstream-gesture-app sample application (deepstream_tao_apps/apps/tao_others/deepstream-gesture-app at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_tao_apps · GitHub), and tried to run the application using the following command:

./deepstream-gesture-app 2 3 ../../../configs/bodypose2d_tao/sample_bodypose2d_model_config.txt file:///home/user/Pictures/some_picture_to_infer_on.png ./gesture

However, this is what I got:

Is there any way for me to overcome this issue?

You can modify below and try to run with lower batch-size.

https://github.com/NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_tao_apps/blob/master/configs/gesture_tao/gesture_sgie_config.txt#L59

After lowering the batch-size in the configuration file, the problem still exists.

Can you share the result of $ tegrastats ?

Hi, I have attached the result of $ tegrastats during application runtime below.

Also some additional information from $ jtop which may be helpful:

Please change the config file to …/…/…/configs/gesture_tao/gesture_sgie_config.txt and retry.

The problem still exists during runtime:

$ tegrastats:

Please share the config files. Thanks.

More, can you attach the full command and full log again?

gesture_sgie_config.txt (3.0 KB)

I have shared the gesture_sgie_config.txt file used for the application.

The full command is:

./deepstream-gesture-app 2 3 ../../../configs/gesture_tao/gesture_sgie_config.txt file:///home/xavier/Pictures/thumbs_up.png ./gesture

The full log is:

If I were to leave the application running, the same tactic device request and skipping tactic warning will appear, and it will be stuck, causing the jetson xavier NX to shut down after awhile.

Could you try to run in your host machine or another Jetson device?

I will see what I can do about it, as I will need another device.

Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.