TensorRT 3.0.2 LSTM layer

Hello!

I’m trying to manually construct TensorRT engine following the SampleCharRNN example from the Developer Guide and I don’t fully understand how to properly add an LSTM layer.

According to the docs for nvinfer1::INetworkDefinition::addRNN in C++ the layout for the LSTM’s input tensor should be {1, T, N, C}, where
T - The number of time sequences to be executed.
N - The number of mini-batches for each time sequence.
C - The size of data to be submitted to the RNN.

1. How should I specify the network input shape if it contains an LSTM layer?
    In the SampleCharRNN example the input is specified as
    auto data = network->addInput(INPUT_BLOB_NAME, DataType::kFLOAT, DimsCHW{ SEQ_SIZE, BATCH_SIZE, DATA_SIZE}); // SEQ_SIZE = 1, BATCH_SIZE = 1 and DATA_SIZE = 512

Let’s say that I have 8 sequences each of length 16 where each element in a sequence is a feature vector of 64 elements (input data dimension is (8, 16, 64))
What would the input shape be in this case? DimsCHW{ 16, 8, 64}?

1. Could you please clarify these T, N and C params a bit more? Again, if I have 8 sequences of 16 timesteps and each timestep of size 64 which values would T, N and C have in this case? Do I understand correctly that C = 64, N = 8, T = 16? Or T is supposed to be 8 in this case (as the total number of sequences)?

2. What is the relation between the batch size specified via setMaxBatchSize(int batchSize) for the builder and the number of mini-batches for each time sequence in N?

Thanks in advance!