I am trying to test unified memory in Pascal architecture. My system has GTX 1080, CUDA 8.0, Visual Studio 2013 and Window 7-64bit.
Here are some questions:
1) I saw this article(https://devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/cuda-8-features-revealed/). According to this article, we can simply allocate memory by using malloc, is it true?
2) If this is true, how do I perform a memory copy? Use cudaMemCpy? or memcpy?
3) If we use cudaMallocManaged, how do I copy memory at this time? Do we use cudaMemcpy? Is there a speed difference with the existing cudaMalloc?
4) If you have any examples or project files related to Unified memory, please share them. What I want to do is to assign the value of the array declared in the host to the Unified memory.
additional question :
1) This is the Open ACC related question. Is Open ACC available in Visual Studio? I would like to know how to configure if possible.
I am not an English speaking person, and I am not an expert in this field. Please give detailed answer for newbi.