Using custrom data type - 0x33 - CHANSEL_FAULT

Hi,
Continuing the discussion from Issue with video format and data type in camera driver development:
I have follow up questions:

• Is there a way to obtain more information about the reason for the CHANSEL_FAULT error, such as extended logs beyond what I’ve already provided in this thread?
  • Can NVCSI/VI be configured at the Linux kernel driver level to not reject frames with DataType 0x33? Or does this change require modifying the NVCSI firmware, which is not publicly accessible? I am asking to determine if we can resolve this issue on our own or if we require support from Nvidia or one of Nvidia’s trusted partners.
  • What does it mean - handling custom DataType is not supported for “normal frame capturing”. Is there another way to obtain camera frames in user space, or does this mean a different solution such as directly passing the frame to the ISP?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

hello 4k4ndr,

>>Q1
please refer to TRM, 7.2.2.2.2 CHANSEL.
there’re different kinds of notifications. some general faults detected by CHANSEL were also mentioned in the doc.

>>Q2
you meant the user datatype? i.e. NVCSI_DATATYPE_USER_4 (51)?
no… it’s not supported.

>>Q3
that normal frame capturing I meant the sensor output formats with bayer RAW, or YUV contents.

you meant the user datatype? i.e. NVCSI_DATATYPE_USER_4 (51)?
no… it’s not supported.

Yes, I meant exactly that one - NVCSI_DATATYPE_USER_4 (51).

In order to have NVCSI_DATATYPE_USER_4 supported, does the missing implementation:

1. have to be added on Linux4Tegra public source, we can resolve this on our own
    or
  2. have to be added to the Nvidia’s firmware or other non-public part of the software and we require support from Nvidia or one of Nvidia’s trusted partners

It is important for us to be able to receive frames with NVCSI_DATATYPE_USER_4. On which layer, support for NVCSI_DATATYPE_USER_4 needs to be added?

@4k4ndr
Current don’t support user define data.

Hi Shane,

Current don’t support user define data.

Current L4T, firmware or hardware?

Is user defined data not supported in

• Linux4Tegra public source
    or
  • there is missing implementation in Nvidia’s firmware or other non-public part of the software?
    We are determined to add support of NVCSI_DATATYPE_USER_4 (51), the question is, can be this done on L4T source level or we need support from Nvidia or Nvidia;s trusted partners.

Suppose software missing it. And unable to implement it base on current public sources.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.