Hi Jason. Thank you for your reply. We purchased them through Dell. We have gold + support with them… they however seem to know not a ton about these cards. The tech i got only handled about 2 calls on these thus far.
We have 3 Dell T630 servers. Our dell rep confirmed we could have 3 - k2 cards in each. They have two 1600 power supplies. We are using these for Autocad in our Vmware view environment. We are currently using the k2’s via pass through ( vDga ?.. ). We have one server with 3 k2 cards that dont have pass through configured. I am trying to get these to work with vGPU. ( they are all in the same cluster ).
- I have installed the VIB. ( once via VUM… then uninstalled it manually and reinstalled it manually )
- I have confirmed the server via esxcli can see the (6) devices - 2 each card.
- I seem to have to load the VIB manually.
- Xorg will NOT load… it wont stay running. /etc/init.d/xorg status shows not loaded… however if i look via Vcenter that says its running … odd
Im currently trying to get Xorg to stay running.
I turned off the memory mapped I/O above 4gb in the bios ( i missed it at 1st… its hiding at the very bottom off the bios option screen).
Once i did that i got the UEFI0134 - unable to allocate MMIO resources for one of more PCIe devices…
will Xorg not load while keeping this Bios option on for the Memory mapped I/O above 4gb ?
I changed the Bios settings so we have no redundant PSU… so hopefully both are engaged.
The Bios we are on is 1.1.4 for the t630.
We purchased these specifically to have three k2 cards in them… Is it sounding like we need to pull one ?.. Dell support says slots 3 and 7 should be used only… but then they looked at the PSU’s again and said if we turned off the redundancy it should work.
Thus… what i think im going to try next is :
- Look for a new bios update.
- pull one card out - only keep a card in slot 3 and 7.
- disable Memory mapped i/o above 4gb again.
and see if i get the UEFI0134 error again.
My two symtoms are - Xorg will not stay running / load… and ‘nvidia-smi’ doesnt show anything at all.
i get a failed to initialize NVML: Unknown Error when i do a ‘nvidia-smi’
sorry - hope this is a little coherent… im way tired.
thanks for the assistance.