VPF: Hardware-Accelerated Video Processing Framework in Python

Originally published at: VPF: Hardware-Accelerated Video Processing Framework in Python | NVIDIA Technical Blog

Support for accelerated hardware video encoding began with the Kepler generation of NVIDIA GPUs, and all GPUs since the Fermi generation support hardware video acceleration decoding through the NVIDIA Video Codec SDK. While showing great performance and flexibility, it requires knowledge of C/C++. Another option is to use third party libraries and applications like FFmpeg…

Is VPF compatible with Python 3.8 ?

Hey there, first of all, thank you for putting the effort to make this available for free, it’s really helpul for us who use python for AI projects, I’m working on a project that needs to decode 4 rtsp streams simultaneously and process them using some AI object detection algorithms, I’d like to know if you have a little more detailed docs on how to implement this framework, API reference maybe? I’d like to use it to decode the H264 high profile streams into opencv compatible frames, your samples run fine on my system but I’d like to know more so I can customize it better to suit my project’s needs

Thank you
Best
Fernando,

Hi, there, I think the documentation is not up to date anymore. Could anyone there update the documentation ?

1 Like