Xavier AGX - M.2 Wifi card dissappears when M2. SSD connected

I have an Jetson Xavier AGX dev kit here, and everything was working fine with an Intel 8265 wifi adapter attached to the M2. slot on the bottom of the device. Last night, I attached a M.2 SSD to the M.2 slot on the flip side. “Western Digital 500GB WD Blue SN550 NVMe Internal SSD - Gen3 x4 PCIe 8Gb/s, M.2 2280, 3D NAND, Up to 2,400 MB/s - WDS500G2B0C”

Now, the SSD works, but the WIfi card won’t show up. I don’t think it’s a hardware problem, because the Bluetooth connectivity provided by that same card still works. So it’s some sort of bus conflict perhaps on the PCIe bus? How would you diagnose or correct this?

Could you please share the dmesg log with
a) when both the devices are connected
b) when only WiFi is connectd

I found that even when only the WIFI is connected, that no longer shows up in lspci. Here is the dmesg:

Update: Here is the dmesg with both cards connected: dmesg (wifi and ssd) · GitHub

It looks like you have flaky connections. Please make sure that the device is connected properly (put a screw to make sure that the other end moves away from the board)

Dang, I have checked the connections, and reseated everything a few times, and even checked with a new wifi card. Sadly, it just does not get detected on the PCIE bus.

Hey, just in case anyone runs across this thread later. It seems that the PCIE bus on the M.2 Wifi slot just stopped functioning on this board. I was able to work around it, by purchasing an M.2 E to A adapter card (Amazon.com ) and then installing the wifi card on the other side of the Xavier (where you’d install an M2 SSD). Now, the trick is that there is no bluetooth connection on that connector, so if Bluetooth is required, you can install a second card in the original slot to get both functions.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.