450.75 with reverse PRIME, xrandr - -scale 2x2 does not work (renders only 1/4 of screen) + problem with NVIDIA-settings

Hi,

Reverse prime is not working properly withxrandr --scale 2x2 on the HDMI output. It only fills one quarter of the screen. However, as you can see on the attached photo, the mouse is visible outside the rendered area and can be moved around. I have tested in Plasma and i3 and there is no difference.

nvidia-bug-report.log (1.5 MB)

I have initiated the shared screen as per the README with

$ xrandr --setprovideroutputsource NVIDIA-G0 modesetting

$ xrandr --auto

Subsequently

$ xrandr --output HDMI-1-0 --scale 2x2

This to compensate for the fact that my laptop monitor is 4K, while the displays are 1920x1080.

Additionally I have an issue with nvidia-settings, upon running it gives the following error message

ERROR: nvidia-settings could not find the registry key file. This file should have been installed a
application profiles will continue to work, but values cannot be prepopulated or validated,

The files nvidia-application-profiles-450.57-key-documentation nvidia-application-profiles-450.57-rc are present in /usr/share/nvidia. When nvidia settings launches it looks like this, missing all the xorg related settings:

System info:

• Linux 5.7.8-1
  • Driver 450.57
  • Environment i3 and KDE Plasma
  • Lenovo X1E gen 1 w 1050Ti MaxQ + Intel

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reporting this. We’re tracking it with internal bug number 3063041.

Thanks for getting back. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you require any more information that could potentially help you resolve the issue (logs etc.).

What is the current status of this? It’s a real shame it didn’t work first time around because it is a super exciting development for everyone.

@aplattner, any chance we could have an update?