8265NGW error

Hello, I am currently using the Xavier NX board, which has an 8265NGW wireless module. An error occurred during use.

I am using the 8265 module on version R32.7.1 and will report the following information. The complete dmesg information is shown in the attachment.

[    6.851796] iwlwifi 0004:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-25.ucode failed with error -2
[    7.276895] iwlwifi 0004:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-24.ucode failed with error -2
[    7.325476] iwlwifi 0004:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-23.ucode failed with error -2
[    5.171575] iwlwifi 0004:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-26.ucode failed with error -2

But when I use R35.3.1, I don’t have these error messages. So I would like to ask what are the differences in firmware loading configurations between these two versions? How to solve these problems. Thank you for your support!!

Does this really affect the functionality?

It is actually more like a Intel driver’s logic which will scan over these firmwares.

For example, it will check iwlwifi-8265-25.ucode first. If not found, then the 24 one, if still not found, then 23 one.

If it can find one firmware in the end, then these logs could be ignored.

Yes, there is indeed a problem.
I am currently using the R32.7.1 environment. After configuring the network, restart and connect the monitor. After the development board starts, a password input interface will pop up on the monitor. If I do not enter the password at this time and use another computer to ssh remotely access the IP of this NX, I cannot access it successfully; If I enter the password at this time, enter the NX system, and then use another computer to ssh remotely access the development board, it will be successful.
This issue will not occur in the R35.3.1 environment

What you are talking bout seems not related to the firmware log you are telling…

Isn’t the firmware version causing this problem?? What is the reason for that

Hi,

Just to clarify first. This is Intel driver and device. What I said might not be correct.

1. I don’t know what is that “a password input interface”. Could you take a picture?

2. The firmware is mostly for the functionality of the card itself. So if the firmware has problem, it is unlikely it will give you a “a password input interface”. If a firmware has problem, then it could be your card totally cannot work at all.

This is the interface shown in the figure above. If I don’t continue operating, I won’t be able to SSH remotely connect to this development board; But on this basis, if I press Enter, enter the password, and enter the Ubuntu system, other computers can be remotely accessed. To summarize, the development board will not automatically connect to the internet without inputting passwords

Hi,

This screen is mostly just the auto-login configuration. Intel 8265 has nothing to do with this screen…

Yes, I don’t think it’s relevant, but this phenomenon has indeed occurred. Is there any direction for troubleshooting this issue

Try to set the auto login by using the GUI first and see if that can bypass the input stage.

Okay, I’ll try this again when I encounter this problem. It’s an occasional problem

The firmware version loaded every time is 22, but the firmware version loaded in R35.3.1 is 36. So how do I set the default firmware version loaded in R32.7.1 to 36

Basically this is not something I can help. This is vendor driver thing.

It has its own rule in every ubuntu version. For example, maybe it is by default using version 22 on ubuntu 18.04.
It may be by default version 36 on ubuntu 20.04.

We didn’t decide that thing. We just pick it up during the upgrade to ubuntu 20.04.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.