98Gb/s RDMA but Slow speeds in Win 11 with 100G Network

While using rperf and mlxndPerf I am able to confirm 98 Gb/s read and write, but actual file transfers and read/write performance and iperf tests are only showing up to 50 Gb/s write and 10-14 Gb/s read. I have been working at this for over a month and have done consultations with IT tech, multiple tech support staff from different places and have spent many many many hours working on this and cannot figure this out.

I have two workstations Im connecting to a NAS (TS-H1290FX) that has six 7.68TB seagate NVME drives in it configured with RAID 0 (each drive individually capable of 6700 MB/s read AND write). The workstations are NAS are all equipped with the same 100G NIC (QXG-100G2SF-CX6) which uses a Mellanox Dx6 controller. I am connecting all the NICs with Mellanox transceivers and MTP OM5 fiber optic cables from FS.com. I have installed Windows 11 Pro for Workstations on both PCs (to enable SMB 3.1.1, etc) I have confirmed in system BIOS and in Windows that the NICs are indeed running at 16x on the PCIe Gen 4 bus on both systems. Both systems are running AMD threadrippers, and the NAS has an AMD Epyc CPU. I have 128GB of RAM in one machine and 256GB RAM in the other. All HDs in these PCs are M.2 NVME drives capable of 3000MB/s in one machine and 6000 MB/s in the other (running newer Sabrent NVME drives).

Things I have tried to increase speeds on both PCs, all to no avail:

1. set jumbo frames to 9000
  2. Enabled RoCEv2
  3. Tried different DAC cables.
  4. Tried connecting PCs to eachother (resulted in slower speeds, around 10-12 Gb/s read and write)
  5. Installed updated Mellanox WinOF-2 client drivers.
  6. Tried setting Interrupt Moderation to low latency.
  7. Tried disabling RoCE.
  8. Tried a Mellanox brand NIC instead of the QNAP card. Same results.
  9. Tried installing and running Windows Server 2022 on one of the workstations. Same speeds to NAS. No change.
  10. Tried different block sizes on the NAS, etc. Given two workstations connected to eachother cannot exceed 10-14 Gb/s I dont think the bottleneck is the NAS.
  11. Tried a loopback test with iPerf. Wasn’t able to achieve faster than 10-14 Gb/s.
  12. Verified SMB direct is enabled.
  13. Verified Windows is using SMB 3.1.1
  14. Tried probably another ten things I cannot even remember.

There seems to me to be no logical reason why either the hardware or software would be causing a bottleneck. I’ve tried everything! Been working on this for a month now. I have $14,000 in NAS storage I need to use but cannot because speeds are so bad. What am I missing?

ndperf test rdma, iperf test tcp/ip. naturally, there are different.

first need confirm wah SMB protocol your storage support, then follow below check windows SMB config.

https://docs.nvidia.com/networking/display/winof2v320/Storage+Protocols

It says the RDMA is enabled, but not operational. It doesnt say on that link how to make it operational. Are there instructions how to do that?