About the issue of opening two nvoverlaysink

We tried to open two nvoverlaysink pipeline at the same time by using the following command and we got the error message as attachment (log.txt).

ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:/CppSourceFiles$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_0 ! queue ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nvoverlaysink overlay-w=320 overlay-h=240

We also found nveglglessink could work two pipeline well as attached picture but such overlay was displayed with the rim on top of the screen. It couldn’t be used for UI integration.
Could you help to check whether there is an overlay which could run multi-pipeline at the same time without the rim on top of the screen ?

log.txt (2.73 KB)

Hi James,
We have same observation as you and are checking the possible solutions.

Hi James,
Please try to set ‘overlay=x’. I can run the following two commands simultaneously:
$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=PIC_7639.MOV ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_0 ! queue ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nvoverlaysink overlay-x=400 overlay-y=600 overlay-w=640 overlay-h=480 overlay=1
$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=videoplayback1.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_0 ! queue ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nvoverlaysink overlay-w=320 overlay-h=240 overlay=2

Hi Dane,

We have tried to set ‘overlay=x’ like as below command. But, we also got the error messages. Please help to check this issue again. If you have any questions, please feel free to tell me.

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/CppSourceFiles/test.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_0 ! queue ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nvoverlaysink overlay-x=400 overlay-y=600 overlay-w=640 overlay-h=480 overlay=1 &
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/CppSourceFiles/TestVideo.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_0 ! queue ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nvoverlaysink overlay-w=320 overlay-h=240 overlay=2 &
nvdc: failed to open ‘/dev/tegra_dc_1’.
NvxBaseWorkerFunction[2520] comp OMX.Nvidia.std.iv_renderer.overlay.yuv420 Error -2147479552
nvdc: open: Too many open files
nvdc: failed to open ‘/dev/tegra_dc_1’.

Hi James,
Could you share the mp4? I can run the command without problems. Please share the files so that I can try to reproduce it.

Besides, are you on r24.2.1?

Hi Dane,

We are using r24.2 not r24.2.1 on TX1 EVK. And I attached the mp4 for your test.
TestVideo.rar (11.8 MB)

Hi James, I am able to run the attached mp4 on r24.2.1. Please give it a try. Thanks.

Hi Dane,

Thanks for your fast response. We will try it on r24.2.1 asap.

Hi Dane,

We have tested it on r24.2.1. And it was workable and solved. Thanks for your great support.