Announcing Jetson AGX Xavier 64GB and Jetson Xavier NX 16GB

Many AI applications demand higher amounts of memory, and we are pleased to introduce Jetson AGX Xavier 64GB and Jetson Xavier NX 16GB. Customer software developed on the existing 32GB and 8GB SKUs of AGX Xavier and Xavier NX respectively will run on these new higher memory modules.

The new modules are available for order now, and will be supported by JetPack 4.6.1 with L4T 32.7. Additionally, there will be a patch available for L4T 32.6.1, and another that will cover L4T 32.5 and 32.5.n. JetPack 4.6.1 and the L4T patches are expected in February.

Hi prlawrence,

Could this point be clarified in more detail?

Customer software developed on the existing 32GB and 8GB SKUs of AGX Xavier and Xavier NX respectively will run on these new higher memory modules.

I’m wondering if this means applications and images using the current Jetpack SDK 32.6.1 will work fine on the new modules or does this mean that there will be a new SDK release coming to support the new modules. Specifically we are wondering if there needs to be support added in the device tree or bootloaders.
If there is a need for a new SDK to update those components then is there a timeline for that release?

Thanks,
Anthony

Thanks for asking, I’ll update the announcement posts to include this info:

The new modules will be supported by L4T 32.7 (included in the upcoming JetPack 4.6.1 release). Additionally, there will be a patch available for L4T 32.6.1, and another that will cover L4T 32.5 and 32.5.n. All of these are expected in February.

How to use the patch that supports 16G nx?

Please use the JetPack 4.6.1 now, it has been released today.

Is there a plan to have a patch for JP 4.3 (L4T 32.3.1)?

1 Like

I would like this patch too

Have the patches for L4T 32.5, etc, ever been released? I couldn’t find any announcement or links.

Yes. Scroll top the bottom of the Jetson Linux release page to view available patches. For example:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra-r3251#32.5.2