Api Trial

API Catalog trial: can generated content be used in a commercial project, and what is the path to production?

Hello,

I am an independent creator building a small 3D animation pipeline (Blender) for an animated series for a teen audience (13+). I plan to publish it on YouTube and TikTok, with possible monetization. I use the NVIDIA API Catalog with a trial API key. NVIDIA Customer Care asked me to post my questions here.

Relevant API Trial Terms sections:

  • 1.2 and 1.4: the trial is for testing and evaluation, not production use.
  • 3.3 (iv): prompts and outputs may be used by NVIDIA to improve products.
  • 4.2: Generated Content may not be distributed.

Models I intend to use:

  • openai/gpt-oss-20b
  • google/gemma-4-31b-it
  • google/gemma-3-12b-it
  • nv-mistralai/mistral-nemo-12b-instruct
  • mistralai/mistral-7b-instruct-v0.3

Intended workflow:

  • Now: only synthetic, invented test prompts (short dialogues, subtitle files, shot lists) to compare models. No personal data, no unpublished scripts, and the results are not distributed.
  • Later: the chosen open-weight model is downloaded and run locally on my own GPU for production, under its own model license.

Questions:

  1. Is my current use (model comparison with synthetic prompts, results not distributed) within the trial terms?
  2. If a model is chosen through this evaluation and then run locally, is the local use governed only by that model’s own license, not by the API Trial Terms?
  3. Is there any way to use API Catalog generated content in a commercial production project (for example a paid plan or NVIDIA AI Enterprise), and where can I read those terms?
  4. What are the rate limits and credits for a trial account, and where can I see them?
  5. May trial outputs be used as training or fine-tuning data (distillation) for a local open-weight model that is later used in production? And may trial-generated helper code (for example small Python tools) be kept and used in my pipeline?

Thank you.