ArchiGAN: a Generative Stack for Apartment Building Design

Originally published at: ArchiGAN: a Generative Stack for Apartment Building Design | NVIDIA Technical Blog

Figure 1. GAN-Generated masterplan AI will soon massively empower architects in their day-to-day practice. This potential is around the corner and my work provides a proof of concept. The framework used in my work offers a springboard for discussion, inviting architects to start engaging with AI, and data scientists to consider Architecture as a field of investigation.…

Interesting - I am also working on a 3D-gan space planing, in particular to generate small modular dwellings but I got stucked when I generate vectors in a given space. As oposed to learning creatively from images, i want to develop a network of boundaries but i dont know how to represent them in 3d. In 2d space makes sense, you touched a very sensitive part of space planning.

1 Like

Hi, Can you please provide a link to the dataset used for training here?

Take (i) a floor plate (Gross Square footage; length and width of building; assume same square footage of both sides of center-line); and, (ii) a set of standardized apartment floor plans:

Use a modular approach to Unit design:

A Module’s dimensions are (must be):
(i) length equal to the length of 1/2 of the building width
(ii) width - a number that when multiplied by the width is divisible by 1/4 and 1/2, each of which result in planned room or space usage
(iii) that is, all room spaces consume either: 100%, are some combination of quarters (75%; 50% or 25%) of a standard module dimension
EX: 40 foot width by 16.26 foot = a 325 SF module
(a) Studio - one module
(b) 1BR 1 Bath - two modules
(c) 2BR 1 Bath - three modules
(d) many variations using 1/2 and 1/4 modules added to the above
Then:

Use a given for (a) corridor space, (b) elevator shaft space, (c) stairwell space
Use the set of Apt Units selected for the building
Factor Two Story units for Town-homes (if selected)

Requirement - Determine the Unit mix that consumes/maximizes the floor plate square footage

How can I train myself to use AI for architecture? Where do I even start? I was behind the curve when Revit gained the edge over AutoCAD. It has been a painful process to catch up. I would love to be in front of the curve with adapting AI. Thank you

pls can i get your email for contacting