BSOD 0x124 Need ideas on how to fix this problem!

Hi, this is my first post on this forums and I am not the most intelligent person when it comes to windows Errors…

First off I will tell you about my PC.

Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Motherboard: ASUS a8n32 SLI Deluxe “AMD”
Memory: 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Toledo 2.4GHz Socket 939
Video Card 1: EVGA 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCIEx16 HDCP Ready SLI - new
Video Card 2: EVGA 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCIEx16 HDCP Ready SLI - new
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Power Supply: AS Tagan BZ Series BZ900 900W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready - new
Sound Device: AC’97 On-Board Sound

Ok, now about the problem…

I am randomly getting BSOD 0x124, This happens when I am playing video games, watching streaming video of all sorts, listening to streaming audio of all sorts, even if I start using my PC after it’s been idle for a long period of time. I have tried many different drivers for my video cards and I made sure all of my other drivers were up to date. I also updated my BIOS to version 1405 from the ASUS website. I never got BSOD when I ran Windows XP Home Edition, but I do not want to go back to XP… The talk about Disabling C1E in the BIOS was a no go for me due to it not being an option in my BIOS that I can see of. I made sure my 32-bit Transfer Rate was enabled on all my IDE ports. People have said that running there system with all sound disabled made there PC’s work normal or even work perfect… I have not tried disabling the sound from the BIOS yet, I guess I will be trying that next. If that is the problem then I will probably have buy some USB speakers so that I able to have sound… If anyone knows of a good quality USB speaker setup for a cheap price let me know please. I was pricing out the Bose ones and they are pretty expensive.

Thanks, I might have missed something that I wanted to mention in this post due to so much happening and all the things that I have been trying and what not.

Hope to hear from some people, I don’t want to go back to Windows XP External Image

And this is related to CUDA how?

It doesn’t… I don’t even know what CUDA is… I am just trying to reach anyone that I can for some incite on my problem… OK thanks.

[url=“http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=33”]The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA
will probably have more people that can help

I have had the exact same problem; was having trouble even booting up to Windows at least half the time because it would give me a STOP 0x9C - MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. And then, when I actually be able to get into Windows, the problem reporter would tell me the problem was from the Central Processing Unit (CPU). It would also give me STOP 0xA - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and STOP 0x124 - UNCORRECTABLE HARDWARE ERROR. I was afraid I had fried my processor from OC’ing from 2.2GHz to 2.56GHz. However, after hours and hours of troubleshooting, I discovered my problem was caused from disabling the BIOS option “PLUG AND PLAY O/S”. Re-enabled the option, and haven’t had a problem since.

Hope this helps; I know what you mean about not wanting to go back.

My System Specs:

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe [nForce4 SLI x16]

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ [Toledo, 2x1MB L2 Cache, OC’d @ 2.56GHz; 1.4v]

Mushkin 2x1GB HP3200 [OC’d @ DDR466 2.5-3-2-7; 2.75v]

BFG Tech Geforce 9800 GTX [512MB GDDR3]

Creative Sound Blaster X-FI XtremeMusic

2x320GB Western Digital [16MB cache, SATA 3.0Gb/s]

Lite-On 20x DVD-Burner