Cannot install libpython3.6-dev

I have trouble when install libpython3.6-dev followed this material
https://github.com/dusty-nv/jetson-inference/blob/master/docs/building-repo-2.md

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libpython3.6-dev : Depends: libpython3.6-stdlib (= 3.6.5-3) but 3.6.9-1~18.04ubuntu1.4 is to be installed
                    Depends: libpython3.6 (= 3.6.5-3) but 3.6.9-1~18.04ubuntu1.4 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Could anyone help ?

Hi @vision-hobbist1995, I’m unsure what would cause this error, whether it be some Ubuntu apt upgrade, PPA repo that you have installed, or otherwise. Is this on a typical JetPack install with Ubuntu 18.04? Under normal circumstances, you should be able to just run sudo apt-get install python3-dev

If you’re unable to resolve the issue, I recommend using the pre-built Docker container instead: https://github.com/dusty-nv/jetson-inference/blob/master/docs/aux-docker.md

Alternatively, if your system configuration is messed up, you can also backup your files and re-flash your SD card to get it back into a known working state.

Hi dusty,
sorry for late reply.
I have re-flashed sd card with newest image for jetson nano 2GB version. Problem still occur.
Here is output when I install python3-dev

sudo apt-get install python3-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 python3-dev : Depends: python3 (= 3.6.5-3) but 3.6.7-1~18.04 is to be installed
               Depends: libpython3-dev (= 3.6.5-3) but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: python3.6-dev (>= 3.6.5-2~) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Could you check-out jetson nano newest sd card images.
I downloaded it from this site. It’s offcial version though.

As your answer, there is some problems with my sd card image.
But this is the only link I can download.

The link you provided is the one for the Nano 4GB version (not the 2GB). Here are the SD card links to use:

If you are using Jetson Nano 2GB, then use the link: https://developer.nvidia.com/jetson-nano-2gb-sd-card-image

1 Like

omg,
Thank you for pointing out. I will re-flash with 2 GB version.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.