Crash When Using "flip-method" with Nvinfer or Nvmultistreamtiler

• Hardware Platform (Jetson)
• DeepStream Version 5.1
• JetPack Version (4.5.1)

This works
Pipeline is v4l2src->videoconvert->nvvideoconvert (probe)->capsfilter->nvstreammux-> nvvidconv(flip-method=3)->nvegltransform->nveglglessink

This crashes-
Pipeline is v4l2src->videoconvert->nvvideoconvert (probe)->capsfilter->nvstreammux-> nvvidconv(flip-method=3)->nvinfer->nvegltransform->nveglglessink

Also, with 2 video sources, this crashes-
Pipeline is uridecodebin(2 videos)->nvstreammux-> nvvidconv(flip-method=3)->tiler->nvegltransform->nveglglessink

but this works-
Pipeline is uridecodebin(2 videos)->nvstreammux-> nvvidconv(flip-method disabled)->tiler->nvegltransform->nveglglessink

How to get flip-method=3 working with multisource + nvinfer + tiler?

1 Like

I’ve tested following pipeline in Jetson with DS 6.0:

gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/samples/streams/sample_1080p_h264.mp4 ! mux.sink_0 nvstreammux name=mux batch-size=1 width=1080 height=720 ! nvvideoconvert flip-method=3 ! nvinfer config-file-path=/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/samples/configs/deepstream-app/config_infer_primary.txt ! nvmultistreamtiler rows=1 columns=1 width=720 height=480 ! nvdsosd ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink

1 Like

No flip-method for nvvideoconvert ( it is there only for nvvidconv) on DS 5.1. I will try to upgrade and let you know.

I tried it out on DS6.0 docker. The flip-method works but the output video is squeezed and stretched because it still maintains 16:9 aspect ratio, which is not what should happen for 90 degree rotation.

Is there anyway for flip-method=3 to also change aspect ratio from 16:9 to 9:16?

Edit- Fixed by using caps (NV12 and res set to 9:16). Now it looks right.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.