SOLUTION (for me!)
- Reflash using SDKManager.
- Disable LightDM (as per @dusty_nv link below).
- Close Remote-SSH on my VSC and just use standard terminal to login.
- Have one swapfile of 8GB.
- Append “–memory=500M --memory-swap=8G” to dockerrun file in home folder (as per @juliefaurelacroix post).
Continuing the discussion from Camera freezes in Image Classification:
As experienced by others, i wonder what else I can do to get this project to complete without reflasing an image.
- Nano 2GB.
- 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro A2 Class SD Card
- CSI RPi Camera 2.1 (tried 2 of them with 10cm camera cable)
- Latest JetPack 4.4.1 (Installed headless via SDKManager along with the Linux image.)
- Camera works in ‘Hello Camera’ and all the way to pressing ‘Train’ in the ipywidget.
- Free -h returns (during training when the system slows down) >
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 1.9G 1.8G 39M 48K 136M 40M
Swap: 9.9G 2.2G 7.7G
Camera always slows / stops after pressing ‘Train’. After creating 30 images for up and down. Also my Remote-SSH login via VSC is terminated. I have to then SSH in via the local linux terminal.
I uses the Jim’s JetsonHacks script to create the swapfile.
I gave the full 2GB over to Zram (was at 1GB). See below -
NAME ALGORITHM DISKSIZE DATA COMPR TOTAL STREAMS MOUNTPOINT
/dev/zram3 lzo 495M 465.9M 189.9M 201M 4 [SWAP]
/dev/zram2 lzo 495M 465.7M 189.8M 201M 4 [SWAP]
/dev/zram1 lzo 495M 465.9M 189.6M 200.8M 4 [SWAP]
/dev/zram0 lzo 495M 465.6M 189.3M 200.4M 4 [SWAP]
Added --memory=500M --memory-swap=9.9G to the docker run script.
-Jupyter Labs hourglass appears on its browser-tab and then sometimes the Lab ‘instance’ disconnects…
During training, TOP command returns -
I think i found the culprit!!
What I expected -
To finish the training as per the AI Fundamentals Course and then check with thumbs ‘up’ or ‘down’ to see accuracy of model. I can confirm that 30 images of thumbs up and down were created in the relevant folder.
So i should remove LightDM, complete Desktop etc? Any safeway to do this without creating dependency issues?