Getting Started with AI notebook crashes

Hi I am trying to run the classification notebook in the Getting started with AI course. I get to the point where I press the train button in the notebook and the notebook freezes nothing happens. I also get the attached log message. Any ideas to get through this?

Exception in thread Thread-4:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/threading.py”, line 916, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/threading.py”, line 864, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jetcam-0.0.0-py3.6.egg/jetcam/camera.py”, line 34, in _capture_frames
self.value = self._read()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jetcam-0.0.0-py3.6.egg/jetcam/csi_camera.py”, line 40, in _read
raise RuntimeError(‘Could not read image from camera’)
RuntimeError: Could not read image from camera

4:37:16 PM
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/ipykernel_launcher.py:59: UserWarning: This overload of nonzero is deprecated:
nonzero(Tensor input, *, Tensor out)
Consider using one of the following signatures instead:
nonzero(Tensor input, *, bool as_tuple) (Triggered internally at …/torch/csrc/utils/python_arg_parser.cpp:766.)

Hi,

It seems there are some issues with the camera.
Have you checked if the “Hello Camera” section works well in your environment?

Thanks.

Hello camera runs just fine. The camera works just fine in the notebook as well. It crashes when I click “train” in the notebook. After I click train the camera runs for about another 20 seconds and then freezes and then I get those messages.

Thanks for your update.

We are checking this internally.
Will update more information later.

Hi,

Do you use Nano 4GB or 2GB version?

Since freeze often comes with an OOM issue, could you launch the container with --memory=500m --memory-swap=3G to increase memory amount?

Thanks.